I hade a problem with my verry verry cheap China clone Ultimaker board Ver. 2.1.4
The stepper of the Z axis and all the other axis worked but they had no torque.
After a long search I found the reason.
The current sense resistance are wrong, it should be 0.05 Ohm and mounted are 0.5 Ohm. First I thought that my mechanic was to strong so I decide to a test and connected an external stepper driver on the testpins and the mechanic is not the problem. In the video you can see my test and I added 2 pictures 1 from the wrong resistor and the other ist the schematics of the driver.
At the last few day’s I got a lot of parts.
Belts, slider, print head, extruder, stepper, z axis lead screw, .. and a few more things.
Here a few pictures:
Today my steel rod’s arrieved for the Ultimaker.
Here the order:
6 mm: 1x 300mm 2x 320mm
8 mm: 2x 337mm + 2x 348mm
12 mm: 2x439mm
Here a few picture of the rod’s
Today I milled the 4mm aluminium plate for the heated bed.
My next project begins.
Building the case of my new Ultimaker 2 + ext.
Here a picture and the production of the first parts of the frame.
Here a few pic’s from the buyer Danilo of my sold CNC.
He added a energy chain and a few updates.
@Danilo have a lot of fun with it 🙂
After a little pause I’m back again.
Here a Update of made things in the last time.
Next Project is a 3D Printer an Ultimaker 2+ extended clone
I presented in a old post the parts of the CNC control. I use 2 stepper driver for the y axis an one for the x and z axis. I mounted the breakout board on the MDF panel but I didn’t use it, it’s only to know where it is. For the control of the CNC I choose Estlcam. It work like GRBL and need a Arduino uno for the control, so I connect the Arduino directly to the drivers. Between the driver I installed an old CPU fan to cool the driver. I don’t know if the fan is necessary. Here a few pictures on the control.