Today I started to build a new UM2 clone.
This time I change from 2.85 mm filament to 1.75mm why I will use an E3D cyclops print head and this one is only for 1.75mm available.
At the moment I don’t have so much time so I orderd a frame and don’t mill it self.
Like every time I use for all screw’s threadlockable paint to secure the screw’s
The build of the Ultimaker 2 clone was great and the printer works great.
My problem is that in my workshop it’s a lot of Dust what the 3D printer don’t like.
Now I’m sketching a new frame for my printer.
Here a photo of the front from my new frame.
I also added a small sketch witch I want to carve on the front 🙂
I hade a problem with my verry verry cheap China clone Ultimaker board Ver. 2.1.4
The stepper of the Z axis and all the other axis worked but they had no torque.
After a long search I found the reason.
The current sense resistance are wrong, it should be 0.05 Ohm and mounted are 0.5 Ohm. First I thought that my mechanic was to strong so I decide to a test and connected an external stepper driver on the testpins and the mechanic is not the problem. In the video you can see my test and I added 2 pictures 1 from the wrong resistor and the other ist the schematics of the driver.